Thursday, November 20, 2014

November 20, 2014 at 05:43PM



SOUND AND FURY - PART 3 PART 1►http://is.gd/pUsj0z PART 2►http://is.gd/WgOmWi PART 4►http://is.gd/BRHigz I was raised in a Christian family. I used to believe there was an afterlife. It made me feel safe and comforted. When I was a little child, I used to fear hell. But now as an adult — and as an atheist — I fear oblivion more than anything. I no longer have the comfort of believing in heaven. I am forced to take death seriously, and I urge everyone to do so. As Van Houten says in this image, I basically believe that we are a result of evolution and that nature doesn't care about our survival. There is no God that cares about us and is going to give us eternal life. That was a fairy tale that humans invented because we feared death... We were absolutely right to fear death, but we were wrong to delude ourselves. I think it's about time we wake up to reality! No one is coming to save us! Ok, If I am being intellectually honest, I have to admit that it's possible God exists... But there is certainly no proof for it, so it's not smart to count on something that is merely CONJECTURE to save you. Many people say they fear God, which is wise, but it's even more important to fear death. Death is definitely REAL. God on the other hand, only MIGHT be real. So which is the bigger threat to your eternal life? DEATH, which likely equals oblivion. Now when I hear Christians say how "certain" they are of the afterlife, I cringe. They are deluding themselves because nobody can know that. When I tell people that I am trying to get eternal life, Christians tell me that the God of the universe is in love with them ... They say they "already have eternal life"... I find this notion very strange, because how could you "have" eternal life for sure? Eternity keeps going forever, and it's impossible to know what might happen in the future (You might DIE for instance!). How in the heck could anyone be certain of the afterlife? I concluded that Christians and other religious people must be lying to themselves because uncertainty is scary. Having to face the possibility of oblivion is scary so people needed to believe in life after death even though there is zero proof for it. I've come to the conclusion that most religious people are PRETENDING TO KNOW THINGS, because doubt is scary and they have been convinced that to doubt their faith is "sinful". It's just like Sam Harris says: "Pretending to know things that you do not know is the lifeblood of religion." - Sam Harris The truth is that a billion different things could go wrong and we might all be destroyed. We might FAIL at eternal life if we don't take this seriously enough, and that possibility should motivate us every day to keep fighting for what's MOST IMPORTANT -- our existence. . . If we die and cease to exist, this you can be sure of: We failed and our blip of existence was meaningless. .. NEXT:: PART 4 (conclusion)::►http://is.gd/BRHigz via Eternal Life Fan Club http://ift.tt/1uguXeM

No comments:

Post a Comment